Porsche Design successfully continues the collaboration with Porsche through the “Porsche for Porsche Design” concept. For the first time, Porsche of-fers enthusiasts the ability to own a personalized, custom-made wristwatch in-spired by the design of their unique sports car. The Porsche Design Chronograph 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series combines the classic attributes of Porsche Design timepieces with the characteristics of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series, extending the unique identity of the vehicle to its driver’s wrist. Both the sports car and the chronograph will be manufactured as limited editions of 500 each, according to the individual order, and delivered simultaneously.
Porsche Design Chronograph 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series – A Bold Statement on the Road and the Wrist
Inspired by the sporty performance of Porsche’s new masterpiece, Porsche Design has developed its first mechanical in-house movement for the Chronograph 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series. The development of the calibre Werk 01.200 took three years. It features a complex flyback mechanism, allowing the elapsed seconds hand to be stopped, returned to zero, and restarted instantly with a single push of a button, such as when clocking lap times during a race. The 4Hz-automatic movement results from state-of-the-art production methods. It combines the brand’s distinct concentrated competence in engineering and watchmaking with the expertise in vehicle construction. The cut out of the movement’s barrel bridge not only exhibits the flyback function and the gear trains but, also, implements Porsche’s lightweight design in a con-sequent fashion. As is representative of Porsche Design, the movement is black. Its energy-optimized rotor, visible through the sapphire case back, features a design inspired by an alloy wheel and is partially crafted from tungsten. This innovative material is extremely difficult to process but provides the necessary weight to guarantee a highly powerful wind, despite the delicate design. The rotor, attached by a Porsche central locking with Porsche coat of arms, is similar to the wheel rims with accents of gold or done completely in black. In addition to being Porsche Design’s first in-house movement, Werk 01.200 also bears a certificate of the Swiss C.O.S.C. institution, verifying the accuracy of its performance.
The lightweight titanium case is finished with a characteristic black carbide coating. Its sportive carbon dial skilfully incorporates the recognizable carbon fiber strips of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series and is finished with the original lacquer car paint. At 9 o’clock, a small dial with the lettering “911 Turbo S Exclusive Series” indicates the movement. The strap is fabricated from the same high-quality leather and yarn used in the seats of the car, as is the iconic perforation.
Record Time – 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series
0 to 200 km/h in 9.6 seconds. Engine power of 446 kW (607 HP). Maximum speed at 330 km/h. The bi-turbo 6-cylinder Boxer engine with 3.8 litres displacement of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series has 19 kW (27 HP) more power output than = the standard 911 Turbo S. The increased power is due to the Exclusive Powerkit, offered exclusively in the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series.
Just like the models of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series, the timepieces are designed according to the individual wishes of their future owners. The goal: trans-form a special piece into an extraordinary one, like the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series. The carbon dial is offered in six brilliant hues: Golden Yellow Metallic, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Metallic, Black, Guards Red, and Graphite Blue Metallic. Matching seams are available in the same colors. The timepiece is delivered with a titanium bracelet and two leather straps featuring titanium deployment buckles. A Porsche Design tool for length adjustment is also included.
“Porsche Design for Porsche” is aimed at car aficionados and collectors, who know exactly what they want: luxury with individual execution, uncompromising form-and-function, along with perfect design and technology.
As of June 8, 2017, the Porsche Design Chronograph 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series will be exclusively available at Porsche Centres worldwide to future owners of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series sports car at a suggested starting retail price of $12,650.
Factsheet Porsche Design Chronograph 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 15,33mm
- Material: Titanium case with black titanium carbide coating
- Crown: Screw-down
- Glass: Convex sapphire crystal with hard coating, scratchproof and with seven-fold anti-glare property on both sides
- Bezel: Tachymeter scale
- Case back: Screw-down with sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant: Dynamically water-resistant up to 5 bar
- Carbon with Porsche lacquer paint in Golden Yellow Metallic, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Metallic, Black, Guards Red, and Graphite Blue Metallic
- Minute, hour, mechanical function display at 9 o’clock, chronograph second hand, 30-minute counter at 12 o’clock, 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock, date window at 4 o’clock
- Black hands with white SuperLuminova coating for maximum readability
- Screw-down titanium strap with black titanium carbide coating and inter-changeable wristband system, titanium folding-clasp with fine adjustment
- Black perforated calf-leather strap with interchangeable wristband system [sizes M and L], seams in gold, white, grey, black, red and blue, titanium folding clasp with pushers
- Porsche Design tool to shorten the bracelet
Factsheet Porsche Design calibre Werk 01.200
- Height of the movement: 8,50mm
- Diameter: 13 ¼ ”’ [30,00mm]
- Power reserve: 48 hours • Jewels: 25
- Frequency: 28,800 per hour [4 Hz]
- Regulator system ETACHRON and regulator corrector
- Balance: Glucydur
- Shock protection: Incabloc
- Mainspring: Nivaflex
- Bridges: load/stress optimised barrel bridge according to Porsche’s lightweight principle
- Winding: energy-optimised rotor
- Chronometer-certified (C.O.S.C.)
- Minute, hour, mechanical function display at 9 o’clock
- 30-minute counter at 12 o’clock
- 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock
- chronograph second hand
- Date window at 4 o’clock with fast correction
- Matte-black movement with chrome-plated bridges, plates and polished screws
- Engraved Porsche Design Icons
- Design and finish of the rotor according to the original wheel rim of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series, central locking with Porsche coat of arms