Porsche Design and Elan Skis have collaborated for the second time to introduce a unique, cutting-edge alpine ski with distinction: the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio. Elevating ski design to the next level: the carbon plate paired with award-winning Amphibio Truline Technology work together to provide the perfect turn. The sleek high-end skis are made for expert skiers who demand ultimate performance, style and functional design on the slopes. Engineered with award-winning technology and premium materials, the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio skis blend together the highest levels of design, innovation and style. Taking an asymmetrical ski to new levels, Amphibio Truline technology strategically places materials along the ski to enhance dynamics and achieve optimal performance. Finished with perfect lines and exquisite style by Porsche Design, the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio features a black carbon finish, combined with dynamic white accents, to stand out with distinction on the mountain and beyond.
Ready to take on any part of the mountain in perfect form, the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio skis are designed to be as stable as a racing ski, but easier to handle. The word “Amphibio” comes from the skis’ dedicated right and left asymmetrical design that has a cambered inside edge for grip and stability, and a rockered outside edge to provide forgiveness and ease in various conditions and terrain.
The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio skis’ features include:
- Amphibio Truline Technology – structural material is placed over the full length of the inside ski edge, providing more stability to power the turn. Less material is applied over the outside edge, resulting in a smooth, perfect turn.
- Fusion X Binding System – Elan’s next generation of its high performance binding system. The new single connection design enables a smoother free flex between the ski and binding leading to easy turn initiation and accuracy at high speeds due to direct power transmission.
- Carbon Plate – the Porsche Design Elan Amphibio skis feature a special carbon plate located under the Fusion X Bindings for added performance.
- RST Sidewalls – optimizes the transfer of power and energy from the skier to the skis’ edge for maximum hold from the tip to the tail.
- Dual Titanium Reinforcement – two layers of titanium for superior edge control and a progressive flex pattern.
- Laminated Wood Core – achieves desired flex patterns to generate extreme responsiveness and durability in a variety of conditions.
“Elan is the perfect partner for Porsche Design and shares the same values as our brand in terms of technological innovation, functional design and top quality. Elan’s heritage and mindset aligns perfectly with our ambition to create the perfect ski for demanding skiers who look for maximum performance on the slopes without compromising style. The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio continues to bolster the winter sports equipment portfolio and delivers the high performance and advanced technology expected from a collaboration between these two great brands. We are proud to continue our partnership with Elan for the second consecutive year, and are excited to bring the latest edition of this exclusive product to the market,” says Jan Becker, CEO of Porsche Design Group.
Melanja Korošec, Global Brand Director adds: “Both brands stand for innovative technology with an emphasis on puristic, timeless design and outstanding functionality. The latest innovative result of the partnership is the new Porsche Design Elan Amphibio ski. It is fast, sleek, progressive and built using the most premium materials available in modern day ski technology. Paired with the advanced design and sophisticated style of Porsche Design, this unique masterpiece will be the envy of every skier on the mountain.”
The Porsche Design Elan Amphibio is part of Elan’s Black Edition ski collection. It is one of four skis within the limited edition collection and will be offered in four lengths: 160, 166, 172, 178mm. The skis are accompanied by sleek and lightweight carbon ski poles. Both products will be available to purchase at selected Porsche Design Stores, online at www.porsche-design.com and www.elan.com as well as at exclusive Elan dealerships as of Fall 2020.